Singapore companies in focus on Friday, 20 May 2022:
- Temasek-linked Azalea sets pricing for Astrea 7 bonds
- Hongkong Land: 1Q22 underlying profit rose, but HK property stumbled
- Frasers Logistics & Commercial Trust to acquire Australia commercial property
Others: Sea Ltd., DFI Retail, Mandarin Oriental, Jardine Matheson Holdings, and Centurion.
- Azalea Investment Management has set the pricing of three classes of private equity-backed bonds offered by the Astrea 7, the entities said in a press release Thursday.
- Hongkong Land reported Thursday its underlying profit for the first quarter rose on-year, mainly on a higher number of development property completions in China.
- Frasers Logistics & Commercial Trust has entered a deal to buy a commercial property in Mount Waverley, Victoria, Australia for A$60.25 million, or around S$58.4 million, the REIT said in a filing to SGX Thursday.
- Jardine Matheson Holdings reported Thursday a positive recovery in its businesses in the first quarter, citing profit increases at Astra, Hongkong Land, Jardine Cycle & Carriage and the Motors business.
- DFI Retail Group, formerly known as Dairy Farm Group, said Thursday its grocery retail and health and beauty businesses got a boost from panic buying in North Asia due to increases in Covid-19 cases.
- Hospitality player Mandarin Oriental reported Thursday its underlying losses for the first quarter were “much improved” compared with 2021 as trading conditions in most of the world showed recovery.
- Sea Ltd., the parent of e-commerce player Shopee and FreeFire’s platform Garena, found a first quarter bright spot in its digital finance revenue even as net losses widened.
- Centurion Corp. has entered a deal to acquire a 103-bed student accommodation property in Nottingham, U.K. for GBP10.45 million, or around S$17.95 million, the accommodation player said in a filing to SGX Thursday.
- Singapore, aiming to expand its role as a global financial center, is on track for a hiring spree this year, the central bank chief said Thursday.