These are Singapore companies which announced personnel changes on Tuesday, 28 September 2021: Keppel REIT.
This item was originally published on Tuesday, 28 September 2021 at 20:32 SGT; it has since been updated to include Boustead Projects and Chemical Industries (Far East).
Keppel REIT Management, the manager of Keppel REIT, said Tuesday it has appointed Koh Wee Lih, age 49, as CEO, effective 1 December.
Koh is currently the CEO of AIMS APAC REIT Management, and from October 2011 to December 2013 was the head of real estate at AIMS AMP Capital Industrial REIT Management, Keppel REIT Management said in a filing to SGX.
Koh will succeed Paul Tham, who will step down on 20 October to pursue other opportunities, with Shirley Ng, deputy CEO and head of investment, assuming the role of acting CEO during the leadership transition, the filing said.
Boustead Projects said Tuesday it appointed Wong Yu Wei (Huang Youwei), age 44, as executive deputy chairman, effective 1 October, giving him overall responsibility for both the real estate and engineering and construction business segments.
Wong Yu Wei, currently the deputy chairman and executive director, “has been instrumental in the growth of the real estate business segment over the past decade and also oversaw the establishment of the company’s asset management and fund management businesses, along with overseas expansion. The company’s fund management business was recently launched with the establishment of Boustead Industrial Fund, the company’s maiden full-fledged private real estate trust.”
Chemical Industries (Far East)
Chemical Industries (Far East) has tapped Chng Hee Kok as the interim CEO, on a contract basis for an initial term of six months through 31 March 2022, with the potential for a three-month renewal, the company said in a filing to SGX Tuesday. The board will appoint an executive search firm to assist the search for a permanent CEO, the filing said.
In addition, the company announced changes to the board and board committees:
- Lim Yew Khang Cecil will cease to be the executive director with immediate effect and will be re-designated as a non-executive and non-independent director. The re-designation is part of the company’s effort to restructure away from a family-run management to a structure led by professional managers, the filing said.
- Lim Soo Peng will be re-designated from managing director to an executive director, effective 1 October, a role he will hold through 31 December. On 1 January 2022, he will retire the executive appointment and remain as a non-executive director.
- Lim Chee San was appointed non-executive and independent director and will serve as a member of the audit and nominating committees and chairman of the remuneration committee.
- Poon Kai Leon Melvin was appointed non-executive and independent director, and will serve as chairman of the audit committee and a member of the nominating and remuneration committees.
- Tay Kin Bee was appointed non-executive and independent director, and will serve as a member of the audit and remuneration committees, and chairman of the nominating committee.
- Chua Chin Kiat has resigned as non-executive and independent director, relinquishing roles as chairman of the nominating and remuneration committees and as member of the audit committee.
Singapore-based Chemical Industries (Far East) is a manufacturer of chlorine, caustic soda and other chlor-alkaline products, supplying basic chemicals to the petro-chemical, pharmaceutical, electronics and water-treatment industries.