This article was originally published Wednesday, 11 June 2019 at 12:15 A.M. SGT; it has since been updated to include OUE, China Jinjiang Environment and Challenger Technologies.
These are Singapore companies which may be in focus on Wednesday, 11 June 2019:
Temasek-tied private-equity vehicle Astrea V will offer S$180 million class A-1 bonds at 3.85 percent for subscription to retail investors in Singapore, Astrea V and Azalea Investment Management said in a statement Tuesday.
Sembcorp Industries and Gallant Venture
Sembcorp Industries said Tuesday its wholly owned subsidiary Sembcorp Development disposed of its entire 10.27 percent stake in Gallant Venture, or 548.04 million shares, for S$62 million in cash.
OCBC and Great Eastern
Bank of Singapore entered a deal to acquire 70 percent of Pacific Mutual Fund from Lion Global Investors and the remaining 30 percent from Koperasi Angkatan Tentera Malaysia for a total 35.6 million ringgit (S$11.67 million or US$8.56 million) in cash, OCBC said in a filing to SGX Tuesday.
Around 89.67 percent of OUE’s S$150 million 3.0 percent exchangeable bonds due 2023, or S$134.5 million worth, were tendered for purchase by the company for cash, the property developer said in a filing to SGX Wednesday.
UOB and ARA US Hospitality Trust
UOB ceased to be a substantial shareholder of ARA US Hospitality Trust after its deemed interest fell to 1.65 percent from 4.02 percent previously, which took its total interest to 4.01 percent, below the 5 percent threshold, from 6.38 percent previously, UOB said in a filing to SGX Tuesday.
That was after UOB partially exercised an over-allotment option for up to 22.73 million units, acquiring 9.36 million ARA US Hospitality Trust units and allowing the option on the remainder to lapse, the filing said.
China Jinjiang Environment
China Jinjiang Environment confirmed Wednesday Zheneng Group will acquire a controlling stake in the waste-to-energy player after Dou Zhenggang, Wei Xuefeng, and their daughter, Jennifer Wei, agreed to sell 430 million shares for 1.63 billion yuan (S$332.49 million or US$236.48 million).
FIL Ltd. and Pandanus Partners ceased to be substantial shareholders in First Resources, with their deemed interests falling to 4.8 percent, below the 5 percent threshold, from 5.03 percent previously, it said in a filing to SGX Tuesday.
That was after the disposal of 3.60 million shares for S$5.62 million in an off-market transaction, the filing by a representative of FIL said.
FIL is deemed to be interested in the shares because they are held by funds and/or accounts managed by FIL’s direct and indirect subsidiaries, which are fund managers, the filing said. Pandanus Partners is deemed interested in the First Resources shares due to its interest in the voting shares of FIL, it said.
Challenger Technologies Wednesday sent a delisting circular to its shareholders, with SGX saying it had no objection to the consumer electronics retailer delisting its shares.
In addition, Deloitte & Touche Corporate Finance advised Challenger’s non-conflicted directors the exit offer is “fair and reasonable,” resulting in their recommendation to accept the offer, the company said in a filing to SGX Wednesday.
SGX issued a query on trading activity to Isetan (Singapore) Tuesday after unusual share price movements.
The stock ended Tuesday up 4.12 percent at S$4.30, and it is up a cumulative 23.56 percent since the close of trade on Thursday.
Accrelist said Tuesday it opened its fifth medical aesthetics clinic under the Accrelist Medical Aesthetics brand last week, with the newest location at Clementi Mall.
“Singapore’s ageing population is set to contribute positively to the medical aesthetics sector as minimally invasive treatments become more widely accepted by affluent consumers,” Accrelist said in a filing to SGX.
Terence Tea, executive chairman and managing director of Accrelist, said the company plans to add four to eight more clinics in Singapore and Malaysia, with three laser clinics set to launch later this year in Peninsular Malaysia.
“We are also exploring new business opportunities within the sector such as exclusive distributorship of injectable fillers and developing our own in-house products,” he said in the statement.
While you’re here, we’re hoping you can help us out.
Shenton Wire has been providing you with quick news and market analysis. But we need your support to continue to bring you the news you’ve come to expect and to expand our reach beyond Singapore.
Your monthly contribution will directly fund our journalism.
You can check your existing account here. You can also contact us about other contribution levels or for corporate subscriptions and syndication queries.