Singapore stocks to watch Tuesday: HPHT, Yangzijiang, Venture, Yanlord Land, Hi-P, Oxley

Singapore street sceneSingapore street scene

These are the Singapore stocks to watch on Tuesday 12 June 2018:

Hutchison Port Holdings Trust

Global port operator PSA International increased its direct interest in Hutchison Port Holdings Trust from 0.29 percent to 0.9 percent, the trust manager said in a filing to SGX on Monday. That brought PSA International’s total interest to 11.29 percent from 10.68 percent, it said.

The consideration paid was US$115.89 million, it said.

Yangzijiang Shipbuilding

Yangzijiang Shipbuilding said it bought back 1 million shares in the market on Monday at S$0.97 to S$0.985 each for a total consideration including other charges of S$976,199.74.

That brought to 6 million the number of shares the company bought back since the April 27, 2018, mandate to 6 million, or 0.151 percent of the total issued shares excluding treasury shares, it said in a filing to SGX on Monday after the market close.

Venture

Venture said it bought back 28,000 of its shares in the market on Monday at a price of S$20.58 each for a total consideration of S$577,659, including other charges.

Under the buyback mandate from April 24, 2018, Venture has bought back a total of 353,000 shares, or 0.1228 percent of the issued shares excluding treasury shares, it said in a filing to SGX after the market close on Monday.

Yanlord Land

Yanlord Land’s Chairman, CEO and founder Zhong Sheng Jian purchased 138,600 shares in the company for S$239,778, excluding brokerage and stamp duties, the company said in a filing to SGX after the market close on Monday.

That brought his direct interest to 3.63 percent, up from 3.62 percent, while his deemed interest remained at 66.19 percent, for a total interest of 69.82 percent, the filing said.

Hi-P International

Hi-P International said it bought back 200,000 shares in the market on Monday at S$1.29 to S$1.30 each for a total consideration including other charges of S$259,622.

That brought to 3.329 million the number of shares purchased under the buyback mandate from April 20, 2018, marking 0.412 percent of the issued shares excluding treasury shares, it said in an SGX filing after the market close on Monday.

Oxley Holdings

Oxley Holdings said that it was merging its 50 percent-owned Cyprus-based joint venture Oxley Planetvision Properties with Jemina Properties and Flitous Properties. Oxley Planetvision will be the surviving entity, it said in a filing to SGX on Monday. Prior to the merger, Jemina and Flitous were fully owned subsidiaries of Oxley Planetvision, it said.

Accordia Golf Trust

Accordia Golf Trust said in its monthly report for May that it had 556,000 players, down 5.1 percent on-year, but still higher than April’s 524,000 players. The utilization rate for May was 84.9 percent, up from April’s 83.2 percent, but down 4.5 percentage point from the year-earlier month, it said in a filing to SGX on Monday.

Get Shenton Wire headlines in your inbox

* indicates required