Podcast: The World from Singapore on Thursday, March 29, 2018
Today’s headlines include:
- Asian markets recovered some of their recent losses in pre-holiday trading
- French car maker Renault is reportedly in talks to merge with Japanese car maker Nissan
- Sembcorp Industries CEO and top executives have taken a paycut
- Singapore’s immigration authorities arrested a woman trying to smuggle drugs in her underwear
- A 78-year-old woman fought off an armed robber
- North Korea’s leader Kim Jong Un has set a date with South Korea’s president
- A Taiwanese exchange student was arrested in the U.S. for allegedly threatening to massacre his classmates
- And the White House’s revolving door has taken another, unusual spin.
This podcast is sponsored by “A Cat Called Monster,” a book about a Singapore cat with a crooked tail. It’s available from Amazon.