Podcast: What the world looks like from Singapore on Monday, March 26, 2018
Today’s headlines include:
- Uber has agreed to sell its Southeast Asian assets to local rival Grab
- Asian markets ended mixed, but U.S. futures indicated Wall Street may bounce higher later amid signs the Trump administration is retreating from its hard-line trade stance
- Singapore teachers will no longer be getting a free ride
- In Malaysia, parliament is considering legislation against fake news
- In the United States, news program 60 Minutes aired an interview with porn star Stormy Daniels, who has claimed she had an affair with the married U.S President Donald Trump
This podcast is sponsored by “A Cat Called Monster,” a book about a Singapore cat with a crooked tail. It’s available from Amazon.