Podcast: What the world looks like from Singapore on Friday, March 16, 2018.
Today’s main headlines include:
- The iconic Sim Lim Square has put itself on the block
- Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong is in Australia for a summit
- Legendary Hong Kong business titan Li Ka-Shing is retiring shortly before his 90th birthday
- An investment bank has said that U.S. President Trump’s tariffs on steel and aluminum will hurt U.S. automakers and could even push them to move production to Canada or Mexico
- The Trump administration finally imposed sanctions on Russia
- The White House’s revolving door for top aides is about to take another spin
This podcast will be on hiatus next week while news reader Leslie Shaffer reports from Hong Kong.
This podcast is sponsored by “A Cat Called Monster,” a book about a Singapore cat with a crooked tail. It’s available from Amazon.